Established in 2012 The Bureh Beach Surf Club is the first and only surf club in Sierra Leone. In 2011 Kwepunha was set up in Liberia
Our aim is to help increase tourism to this area by offering surf lessons and board rentals as well as accommodation, food and drinks. All the revenue that will be generated will be put back into the community 100%, in the form of wages, grants and the purchasing of local goods and services. The surf club will initially employ 19 local people.
And of course surf our asses off as much as possible!
What we have achieved so far
- 19 jobs for local youth
- Tourism growth in Bureh by offering surf lessons and surf rentals
- Surf, rescue, first aid and health lessons for local youth
- Accommodation up to 10 people
- Restaurant and bar with local seafood
- Protecting the local environment through beach clean ups
Some Krio (local language) on this website
- Tenki = Thanks
- No Wallah = No stress
- Aw di bodi? = How are you?
- Di waves dem go mak u feel fine = the waves will make you feel fine
Read all about the Liberian Surf Community called Kwepunha